WATER RESTRICTIONS RETURNING
Posted on Apr 29, 2013
As you may have heard, North Texas Municipal Water District (our water supplier, www.ntmwd.com) has voted to return to Stage 3 water restrictions effective June 1. All items concerning Stage 3 water restrictions may be found in the city's drought contingency plan and ordinance on the website. This map shows that effective June 1, StarCreek homeowners may water only on Wednesdays between the hours of midnight and 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to midnight. Here is a short list of restrictions. Refer to the plan for details, or contact Gail Donaldson, water conservation manager at 214-509-4559.
- Limit landscape watering with sprinklers or irrigation systems to no more than once weekly between April 1 and Oct. 31, and twice monthly between Nov. 1 and March 31 of each year. Exception: Foundations, shrubs, and trees may be watered up to two hours any day (only if needed) by hand-held hose, a soaker hose, or a dedicated zone using drip irrigation. Turfgrass lawns ARE NOT included in this exception.
- No outdoor watering with sprinklers between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. (April 1-Oct. 31).
- Prohibit the operation of spray ground recreation water parks that do not treat and recirculate water.
- Prohibit hydroseeding, hydromulching, and sprigging of any grass species. Prohibit planting/watering of any cool season grass species (such as ryegrass).
- Existing swimming pools may not be drained and refilled (except to replace normal water loss). In case of extreme equipment failure, or severe cracks/leaks to the pools, a variance to drain, repair and refill may be granted on a case by case basis. Pool companies may contact Gail Donaldson for more information.
- Prohibit hosing of paved areas, buildings or windows. Use of low water, high pressure washers are allowed on limited use for health, sanitation, and safety for food establishments, new building construction or repairs.
- Prohibit operation of all ornamental fountains or other amenity impoundments that use treated potable water.
- Prohibit washing or rinsing of vehicles by hose, unless using a shut off nozzle.
- Prohibit using water in such a manner as to allow runoff or other waste.
A mail notice will go to every water customer in late May. Look for an orange flyer in the mail. Restrictions for Stage 3 will be announced on the hotline number at 214-509-3111 and at www.cityofallen.org on May 31.